Since the introduction of Aadhaar Card in the year 2009, Aadhaar Card has become the major identity proof for people living in India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) issues Aadhaar card to the residents of India that consists a 12-digit unique identification number. This card also has bio-metric information about the person who holds the Aadhaar number.
There are many authorized and unauthorized centers in the country who register Aadhaar card for you. The unauthorized centers sometimes provide you fake Aadhaar Card and charges you more amount for it. How will you verify if the Aadhaar card number issued to you is valid or fake? You can check the validity of your Aadhaar Card online on UIDAI’s website.
Steps to verify Aadhaar Card number online
- First, open UIDAI’s website and expand the options for My Aadhaar.
- Under Aadhaar Services, click Verify an Aadhaar Number link.
- When you are at the Verify Aadhaar page, you’ll find two options: Aadhaar Number and Captcha Verification
- In Aadhaar Number, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number as mentioned on your Aadhaar Card.
- And, in Captcha Verification, type the code you’ll see on the right side in the image box. The code may be different when you’e visiting the page.
- After you’ve entered the above details, click Proceed to Verify button.
- If the system verifies the Aadhaar Number, it will show you message saying ‘Aadhaar Verification Completed!’.
- If it couldn’t verify the Aadhaar Number, it will show message saying ‘Aadhaar Number doesn’t Exists!’.
You can also watch the video below showing you process about verifying Aadhaar Card number online. This video is in Hindi audio with English subtitles.