To Open Word document
- Start Word 2016 and When Word is open on your computer you’ll see recently used document files in Recent list and one more option at the bottom Open Other Documents.
- If you can see your document in Recent list, you can then click the filename to open it or Click Open Other Documents and click Browse.
- Word will ask you to browse the file where you have saved your document file.
- As we had saved the file in D:, we will go to D: and select the file MyFirstDocument.
- Click Open button to open the document file.
If we’ve clicked Blank Document or we’re already working in a document and now we want to open our old document file.
To open the document file –
- Click File tab and click Open.
- Click Browse to locate the document like we did in Method 1 above and continue further process to open the file.
- You can also use the shortcut key Ctrl + O to get the Open window and continue locating the file to open.
Deleting text in Word
To delete a text
- Click before the text you want to delete.
- In the first line, if we want to delete letter ‘M’ from Microsoft, click before ‘M’.
- You’ll notice the text insertion point is before letter ‘M’.
- To delete ‘M’, press Delete key from the keyboard.
To delete a word
- Double click on the word you want to delete.
- When the word is selected, press Delete key to delete the selected word.
To delete a paragraph
- Click three times on the paragraph you want to delete.
- When the paragraph is selected, press Delete key.