Python is the world’s top programming language these days. Because of its easy to use and short lines of code, even a beginner in programming finds this language friendly. This article will guide you with complete steps to install Python in Windows 10 computer or laptop.
While writing this article, the updated version of Python for Windows is Python 3.8.2, so this article will show you the steps for this 3.8.2.
You do not need to worry because of the version, you can follow the steps mentioned in this article to download any Windows version of Python. And at the end of this article, I have also shown how you can find older versions for Python.
If you wish, you can also watch this video captioned with English subtitles that shows you the complete process to download and install Python in Windows 10 computer or you can continue reading this article below.
How to download and install Python in Windows 10
- Before you install Python, you’ll have to download its setup so click here to visit the official download page for Python.
- You’ll see a download button here for the operating system you’re using. If you’re working on Windows 10 computer, it will show the download button for Windows.
- Now, click the Download Python 3.8.2 button and the browser you are using will start downloading the executable file.
- After the download is complete, click the file to run the setup and you’ll see following setup window on your computer screen.
- Select the checkbox before Add Python 3.8 to PATH. If you do not select this, you’ll have to add the path later, so it’s better to do it here.
- Click Install Now to start the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, you’ll get a Setup was successful message. Close the window now.
- Now, you have installed Python on your computer. It’s time to run the program.
- So, in the Windows search box, type python and you’ll see IDLE (Python 3.8 32-bit).
- Click IDLE (Python 3.8 32-bit) to open it. The Python shell window will appear on the screen.
- In this shell window, you can write all your python programs, commands, and also execute them.
- To exit from the shell window, click File tab and then click Exit.
Download older Python versions
Incase, you want to work on older versions of Python, you can also find them on the website. In the downloads page, just scroll down and you’ll find a list of older releases.
- You can also check View older releases to find more older versions of Python.
- If you find the version you are looking for in the list, just click the Download in the row of the release version. It’ll take you to the download page for that specific release.
- In the download page, scroll down to the last and you’ll find Files heading.
- You’ll see a list of files available for different operating systems.
- To download Python, click the installer file name as per the operating system installed in your computer.
- For example: If you’re using Mac OS, click macOS 64-bit installer to download Python.
I hope this article was helpful to you and now you can install Python in any Windows 10 computer. If you have any query or feedback, please feel free to share it through comments.
You may also wish to visit our YouTube channel where all the videos are uploaded with English subtitles so all the people can get benefit from our videos.
If you know someone looking for such step by step instructions to install Python in Windows 10 computer systems, you can share this article with them using the sharing buttons below.