Formatting text in Word means styling a text. You can make a text bold and italic, change the color of text, you can increase or decrease the text size. You are free to use any of the options available in Font group to style text in the document.
Before you apply any style on text, first select the text you want to format.
To select a text, you can double click on the word.
If you want to select a paragraph, you can click three times anywhere in the paragraph.
To change text color
- In Font group, click Font Color arrow and you’ll get the color palette.
- Click on the color you want to apply on the text and the selected color will be applied on the text.
To change text size
- In Font group, click Font Size arrow and you’ll get the available list of sizes.
- Select the size you want to apply on the selected text.
To change text handwriting
- In Font group, click Font arrow and you’ll list of handwriting available in Word.
- Select the handwriting from the list to apply on the selected text.
To apply text highlight color
- In Font group, select Text Highlight Color and you’ll get the color palette.
- Select the color you want to highlight the text with.
Make your text Bold and Italic
- To bold a text, Click B in the Font group or press the shortcut key Ctrl + B.
- To make a text italic, Click I in the Font group or press the shortcut key Ctrl + I.
Change Case in Word
You may come in a situation when you need to convert all words written in uppercase to lowercase or lowercase to upper case. Change Case does such work smoothly and quickly. Let’s see more about using this amazing feature in Word.
To use Change Case, first select the text or words you want to convert to other Change Case type.
Now, in Font group, click Aa to see five Change Case types.
Sentence case – The first letter in the sentence will be in upper case and other letters will be in lowercase.
lowercase – All the letters will convert to lowercase.
UPPERCASE – Selecting this will convert all the letters to uppercase.
Capitalize Each Word – The first letter in each word will be in uppercase and other letters in the words will be in lowercase.
tOGGLE cASE – The first letter in each word will be in lowercase and other letters in the words will be uppercase.