The default file type format PowerPoint saves a file is in .PPTX format. This format is acceptable from Office 2007 and later versions. If you want you presentation file to work with Office 97-2003 version, you’ll have to select .PPT in the Save as type.
To Save Presentation in PowerPoint
- Go to File tab and you’ll see a list of options.
- Click Save As button and click Browse.
- You’ll get Save As window to browse the location where you want to save the file in the computer.
- Enter a name in ‘Filename’ and make sure Save as type is set to PowerPoint Presentation (*.pptx).
- Once you’ve entered filename, click Save button to save the file.
To save PowerPoint to PDF
With PowerPoint 2016, you can save your presentation file to PDF format and to do that –
- In the Save As window, click the Save as type drop-down menu.
- Select PDF (*.pdf) and click Save button to save the file to PDF format.