Introduction to PowerPoint
Microsoft PowerPoint is a presentation software developed by Microsoft Company. This software comes as a part of Microsoft Office Suite and is mostly used for creating presentations.
You can add text, image, audio, video and other tools available to create professional presentations. You can also add animation effects to your presentation.
Use of PowerPoint
Today, every business uses PowerPoint for creating business presentations. In the schools and institutions, you’ll find teachers using PowerPoint to teach their students. PowerPoint is a great help for those who want to take advantage of audio-visual method of learning.
With the features available in PowerPoint, you can use it to:
- Create a presentation to present on a big screen.
- Design advertisements to promote your business.
- Create a visual resume.
- Write an eBook that you can publish online.
- Create a video of your presentation that you can also upload on YouTube.
- Create your own designed thumbnails for YouTube thumbnails.
- Share your presentation in a format to run even on computers without PowerPoint installed.
The examples above are very few, you can do more things with PowerPoint.
Let’s now move to the content we’ll be covering in the course. Click on the first link in the Course Contents to learn how we start PowerPoint in Windows 10.
We’ll be using PowerPoint 2016 version for our course.
- Start PowerPoint 2016 in Windows 10
- Create a Presentation in PowerPoint
- Save PowerPoint Presentation
- Applying Design Themes on Slides
- Change or Format Slide Background
- Change Slide Size with Custom Size
- View Slideshow of Presentation
- Add Transition Effects to Slides
- Add Animations in Presentation
- How to Add Notes to PowerPoint Slides?
- Printing PowerPoint Presentation Slides