A watermark in a document usually shows the status of the document with words like confidential, sample, draft or adds a layer of protection with company’s logo.
A watermark appears as a faded color so it is easy for the readers to read what is written in the document and also see the watermark.
To add a built-in watermark
- Go to Design tab and under Page Background group, you’ll find Watermark option.
- Click Watermark to get the drop-down menu and you’ll see built-in watermark that you can use in your document.
- Scroll down to see more watermark styles and click on the watermark you want to use.
- The selected watermark will appear at the middle of the document page.
To add a text watermark
- You can add a text watermark of your choice and to do that, go to Watermark and click Custom Watermark.
- When you see the Printed Watermark window, select Text watermark.
- Enter your text in Text. You can also select the text color, change font size and handwriting.
- You can also choose to appear text watermark diagonally or horizontally.
- Once you’ve entered the details, click OK and the text watermark will appear on the document page.
To add a picture watermark
- Instead of text watermark, you can also use a picture like your company’s logo as watermark.
- Go to Watermark and click Custom Watermark.
- This time, select Picture watermark and click Select Picture.
- When you click Select Picture, it will ask you to browse a picture from a file in your computer or you can also search a picture online using Bing Image Search.
- Once you have selected the picture you want to use, click Insert button and then click OK.
To remove watermark
- It is very easy to remove the watermark you have added to the document.
- Go to Watermark and from the drop-down menu, click Remove Watermark.